We are going to try something a little new with our worker credits. We will be taking volunteers to work and alternates (in case someone can’t make it at last minute) ahead of time. Our Open 5D we have a worker crew for so we don’t have to worry about someone’s spot needing to be covered while they run. I have it split up according to the photo below. We have also added some Worker expectations. Please read over these! These are to help keep are show moving smooth and for the safety of our workers. We still have the two membership rates this year for those who would rather pay the smaller fee and volunteer and those who would rather not volunteer and pay the higher rate. Please take a look at our volunteer spots and shoot “Stephanie Baze” a message on Facebook to let her know if you would like to volunteer. We need to know name, what spot you want to volunteer including class, and day. The worker sheets will be posted the day of the show!
Enter and Exit Gates:
- Please always pay attention and refrain from Cell phone usage.
- Enter Gate worker always try to have the gate fully open and ready to go once previous rider exits.
- Enter Gate worker will keep track of check-in of the riders for the drag. If rider does not check-in, notify announcer to do a last call.
- Always try to be courteous, positive and have fun! You are the first and last face riders see.
- Must be 14 years of age or older (this is for liability and safety reasons).
- Please try and refrain from cell phone usage there are times a horse may get away from its rider so barrel setters need to be able to get out of the way if something happens.
- Only one person per barrel in the arena at a time.
- Please try to refrain from any sudden movements for rider safety.
- No leaving your post during the show other than in between drags but please be back at your post in a timely manner so we can keep the show moving.
- Do not cut across the arena. Pleas keep safety in mind and walk down the wall to an exit gate.
- Please always pay attention to ensure we can keep the show moving in a timely manner.
- If the barrel is knocked over or bumped in the slightest always check that it is level and center with the laser light.
If you signed up to work and are scheduled to run during that time or cannot work the entire time it is your duty to find someone to take your spot.
When signing up for a slot you are signing up to work that entire slot!